Common symptoms of Short Bowel Syndrome
If you have Short Bowel Syndrome, you may experience symptoms related to difficulty in absorbing the proper amounts of vitamins, minerals, nutrients, electrolytes and fluids. Symptoms vary according to the individual and you should talk to your doctor if you are experiencing any of these symptoms.
Common symptoms of SBS
- Diarrhea and high ostomy output
- Weight loss and malnutrition
- Fatigue and weakness
- Abdominal pain
Common complications of SBS
- Small bowel bacteria overgrowth
- Kidney stones
- Electrolyte abnormalities
- Vitamin deficiencies
- Mineral deficiencies
- Parenteral nutrition (PN) related problems
Words appearing on this site in purple are defined in the Glossary. If you are unfamiliar with any of these words, just click on them for a definition.